23 February 2012

Less than a month.

Hey guys!

So, after tons of fighting with this blog's look I think I've got it.. I liked the dolls one I had, but no one could comment...
I also made the banner with my non-existent skill of Photoshop. I hate Photoshop. ;; And I wrote /some/ CSS code....

Anyways!
Less than a month until my arrival!! I know that I'm leaving Brandon on the 19th of March (after saying my good-byes ;; ), and then leave to LA on the 20th (we were looking at a departure time of around 7A.M.). I already posted my LA->NRT itinerary in another post. So it's an 8 hourish journey to LA, then an 11 hour flight from LA to Japan. x.x I'm going to be so bored...

Regarding a visa... I haven't been able to send my application in yet.. I need my host family information and a guarantor information I think.. I'm going to call the consulate-general of Japan tomorrow.

I have my school, which is in Kyoto, but I don't have any host family information yet. I did, however, get an e-mail entitled "Host Family in Japan" from my area co-coordinator. It said that a potential host family has been found, but they had a concern, because shortly after my arrival, they're traveling to Tokyo to visit the host father, who is working on business there. (On March 31~April 3). They will be going to Tokyo DISNEYLAND♥. They said that they would gladly take me, however it'll cost me 30,000~40,000JPY. I am completely OK with this. So, I'm not sure what they're doing now - I already confirmed that I was OK with that on Sunday (then Monday was a holiday so I'm not sure if anything was done about it then from the Quebec office), and it is now Thursday night. I hope I get their information soon~ Gotta work a little more hours to help cover the small setback.. but it's worth it! Tokyo & Tokyo Disneyland was the place I really wanted to go, but wasn't sure on how I was going to get there and do it.. and now I do! xD ...If this is my host family ;; Still only potential.

I'm really scared, and nervous to go.. but I'm really excited. I'm having a going away party on March 10th and trying to fill up my time either working, sleeping, studying, or spending time with friends before I leave.... hey, at least I'll have 19 hours available to study on the plane! I hope I sleep most of it, but... yeah. x3

I'll make another post when I know who my family is!!! 

Thanks for reading!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment