25 February 2012

A wild host sister has appeared~!

Hey guys!

So I got home from work this morning, opened my computer and checked my e-mail to find one entitled "hello ashley. i am your host sister"
I swear I heard bells.

We've only e-mailed a few times, but her name is Moe and we go to the same school. I found out that unfortunately they don't have their own uniform so I would have to go out and buy my own (probably from eastboy, and that's really expensive... ;; We'll see what I have when I leave.)

I have a host father, Fumio (50), a host mother, Mitsuyo(47), an older sister, Rina(21), Moe is 18(close to my age!), and a younger brother,  Shinsei(15).
Edited in: This is my host family! :)

I'm super happy right now! I'll keep talking to my host sister and hopefully the rest of the family. x3
It's a big family! Going to be weird.. I'm so used to it just being my mom and me, and sometimes my brother when he's home....

I'm so excited! x.x <3 ^^ o.o

Thanks for reading!
Ashley

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun!!! Having a big family can be so hectically wonderful at times ^^

    I actually have a question for you, in your Japanese resources page, you mention a site called "Mixxer". I am interested in attempting to use it, but....I was wondering, what kind of things do you talk about with the people you meet? Like....how do you get started talking with a person ^^? Isn't it a little...awkward XD?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also use mixer. Its nothing to be nervous about. Post your nain info on your profile and when you communicate with other people they will want to know your age, why you are learning, how and how much you know, also what they can help you with.

      Www.interpals.com is better. Its a more active community similar to facebook. This site is very casual. Maybe it will be easier for you if you are nervous

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I hope it's fun! I saw their picture on Moe's facebook page.. x3

      Well, the Mixxer, I just signed up, put my skype info and I got a bunch of requests. If you want to talk to people, you can read their profile, send them a message introducing yourself and maybe commenting on something. For example, if they play soccer in school, you could start with a basic message like
      "Hello! My name is Johnny. I'm 15 years old and I live in America. I've been studying Japanese for a little over a year now. Do you want to be language partners? x3"
      And you can add stuff to let them know you're interested in also getting to know them a little bit, and not just talking for one time and forgetting about them. You could add "I also see you're in the soccer club at you're school! That's so cool!" Or something.. x3
      But with me, I updated my Skype info then the next day had like, 20 requests at least. x.x

      Delete
  2. They look like nice people. I'm excited for you. It should be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so!!! :)
      They're a sports family though so... running every day til I leave. haha.

      Delete