26 March 2012

Quick update.

Hi-lo.

I was at orientation until about 11:00 on the 24th. I made lots of friends, especially a girl from New Zealand and a girl from Australia. We laughed at our different ways to say things, like jaggers or.. something..
Then, we all went to the train station and caught a shinkansen, except for the people who flew and a few people took trains. A lot of people took the shinkansen to Kansai, including me. It was about 13:03 when the shinkansen left, and it was 16:03 when it arrived at Shin-Osaka station. I got off the station and said good-bye to everyone and met Moe and Keiko-neechan (aunt.)
We took some trains and got to the circus, where I met Yocchan(aunt), Otabechan(uncle), Onee(Rina), Obaasan(grandma) and Ojiisan(grandpa). Mama and Shin were at home because Shin wasn't feeling well.

After the circus, we dropped my stuff off at Yocchan's and went out to eat delicious, delicious ramen. I have pictures but I don't have a camera cord so I can't update them :(
Then we went to Keikoneechan's, after I got my stuff, and she had two cats. It was awesome. I had a bath for the first time, you go into the room and shower, then you enter the bathtub. It's awesome, baths feel so good. Haha. Yocchan and Otabechan went home and I went to bed right away and woke up around 6:00. I helped Keiko-neechan make tamagoyaki and cut strawberries, and obaasan made omiso soup and gave me two sweaters, and told me to come back anytime. I was so happy! :)

Took about an hour and a half taking trains and shinkansen to get to Kyoto, but Mama was waiting at the station for us. Shin didn't arrive til later at night.
I walked in to find a huge sign that said "Wellcome to Fujino Family" (welcome spelt wrong, so cute) and other stuff written all over it. :)

Yesterday, I helped make dinner and every morning I help Moe hang the laundry outside. It's pretty fun here. We went and took purikura yesterday.

Today I'm going to the movies and probably just studying. I don't start school until April 12th.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Your purikura is so cute, too! Another student (I guess she's with a different program) starts school on April 9th. I bet you can't wait, huh?! x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably, there was only two of us from ASSE, but the school start date depends on the school, not the program lol
      and thanks x3

      Delete
  2. Just out of curiosity mostly, how many kanji do you know and how much can you say in japanese?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can write a couple hundred kanji, but I can read a lot more.
      As for Japanese, been studying for 4 years, and can have pretty decent conversations with anyone.
      Other exchange students with JFIE though couldn't really speak a lot of Japanese

      Delete